Kris Allen and American Idol are Coming to Conway

By Paul Eilers on 9:19 PM

Filed Under:

PaulsHealthBlog.com
It's official.

Kris Allen has advanced to the final three, and American Idol will be coming to Conway, Arkansas.

All over town, there are signs saying, "Kris Allen is Kick Awesome!" You see them on banks, restaurants and even on cars. The slogan comes from an interview with Kris, where he was asked to describe his experience on the show so far. He replied that he wants to live life with no regrets and his experience has been kick awesome. So now the phrase "Kick Awesome" has become the Kris Allen battle cry around town.

Kris' wife, Katy, works at Acxiom Corporation, the same place my wife works. Every week they get emails saying, "Be sure and vote for Kris!"

There's even a rumor where our 16-year-old son goes to school. Because Kris Allen is in the 'Top 3', the kids will get out early this upcoming Friday, so they can attend a Kris Allen homecoming parade and concert in downtown Conway. Of course, along with all the hoopla, American Idol will be there filming it all.

Exciting times in good ole' Conway!

2 comments for this post

Kris Allen makes me proud to be from Arkansas. I have voted for him all along. He's awesome and I'm so proud to see him in the Top 3!!!

Posted on May 7, 2009 at 4:43 PM  
Al in Houston, TX

I am not from Arkansas but from Houston Texas and have been a fan of Kris from the beginning. I vote for him every week for the enitre 2 hours and I am praying he will win the whole thing. I am very dissapointed that the Idol Tour is NOT coming to Houston though. How does Florida get 2 cities in their tour but Texas only gets Dallas. Lame, very lame of the ones who scheduled this. Kris would have more a following in Texas than Adam or Danny would.
Oh well, Kris I am proud of you and I hope you take the whole prize and I wish you well after Idol. I am sure you will be just fine and I look forward to buying your first CD.

Posted on May 7, 2009 at 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment