Make sure to tune in to the Food Network tonight to see an Arkansas company highlighted.
Yes, this week's Road Tasted with the Neelys special is all about Thanksgiving and we all know how great a good ham can be on that holiday, right? The Neelys -- a good, Southern couple -- certainly know the value of ham and they've named the pepper ham made by Petit Jean Meats in Morrilton as one of the finest anywhere.
It appears the Neelys have learned what we Arkies have known for years -- Petit Jean Meats makes some good stuff.
One of my favorite things about this story is that I got to tell this bit of news to my wife. She's a Food Network fan and she wasn't aware that the Neelys would be featuring an Arkansas business on their show. Yay for me!
The show will be on at 9 p.m. CST tonight (Friday, Nov. 21), midnight on Saturday and at 2 p.m. on Sunday.
A Petit Jean ham would probably go well at Christmas, too. Speaking of Christmas, here's a lights display my wife sent me. Enjoy!
Link: [Holy Sarcasm]
Link: [The American Patriot Institute]
NOTE: FIVE FOR FRIDAY is a weekly feature on this blog that is meant for the SOLE purpose of calling attention to sites that I think that many would find interesting. There are 5 more sites to see at [AsTheCrackerheadCrumbles] and [FishHawk Droppings].
ARTIST - KLAUS NOMI
SONG - AFTER THE FALL
This guy was popular in New York back in the early 80's. I loved him. You guys are probably gonna wonder "what the heck" but this guy was and still is one of my favs. He died of aids back several years ago. There is a great documentary out about him called "The Nomi Song".
The Ramones covering a classic cartoon theme song? Excellent!
Click right here to visit the other Wordless Wednesday participants or submit something of your own.
On November 4th, 2008 millions of Americans were shocked that a man of Barack Obama's limited experience, extreme liberal positions and radical political alliances could be elected President of the United States. For many of these Americans, the explanation was rather simple... the news media, completely enamored with Obama, simply refused to do their job.
On Election day, twelve Obama voters were interviewed extensively right after they voted to learn how the news media impacted their knowledge of what occurred during the campaign. These voters were chosen for their apparent intelligence/verbal abilities and willingness to express their opinions to a large audience. The rather shocking video below seeks to provide some insight into which information broke through the news media clutter and which did not.
Because obviously interviewing a relative handful of Obama voters, while interesting, is hardly scientific proof of anything, we also commissioned a Zogby telephone poll which asked the very same questions (as well as a few others) with similarly amazing results.
- 512 Obama Voters 11/13/08-11/15/08 MOE +/- 4.4 points
- 97.1% High School Graduate or higher, 55% College Graduates
- Results to 12 simple Multiple Choice Questions
- 57.4% could not correctly say which party controls Congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)
- 81.8% could not correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)
- 82.6% could not correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)
- 88.4% could not correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)
- 56.1% could not correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).
- Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes
- Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as the one with a pregnant teenage daughter
- And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!
- Only 2.4% got at least 11 correct.
- Only .5% got all of them correct. (And we "gave" one answer that was technically not Palin, but actually Tina Fey)
Brownie Mom has started a program through which participants can raise their Technorati authority.
You'd better believe I'm joining the effort. Perhaps you should, too. Interested? Here's all you need to do:
1. Copy The List Below into a blog post on your blog(s).
2. Add Your Link(s) To The List on your website.
3. Comment On This Post stating the blog address(es) you want listed so Brownie Mom can update the list to include your link(s).
(Comments on this blog are moderated. She will add all of the waiting links once per day so come back to be sure you have the full list and your blog is listed on your blog as the correct number)
4. Watch Your Authority Rise!
Copy Here -
1. THE MOM WITH BROWNIES
3. THE BIG DOG
7. The Pond
10. Juicy Alligator
12. Life Of A Star
17. All Arkie Army
19. Healthy Moms
20. Idiot On A StickDon't forget to comment on Brownie Mom's Original post!
End Copy -
There will soon be a new head coach for the Conway High football team. After 18 years of service, Kenny Smith will step aside to accept other responsibilities in the Conway Public School District, according to school officials.
Smith finished his tenure with a 129-75 (63.2 percent) record with the Wampus Cats. He had coached in Conway for 25 years in all and won six conference championships, as well as played in the 1993 Class AAAAA state title game.
"No one bleeds Wampus Cat Blue any more than Coach Smith," Conway superintendent Greg Murry Said. "Our district and our community appreciate all that he has done to bring pride to our football program. We wish him the very best as he begins a new chapter in his professional career."
The Cats have had their rough times in recent seasons, including a 2-8 record this past season. Conway, which has not made the state playoffs since 2006, also went 3-7 in 2007.
Murry said the district will immediately begin the process of finding a replacement for Smith.
It's working out just fine.
Peyton Hillis is #22 for the Denver Broncos.