Announcement!!!

By HawgWyld on 2:39 AM

Filed Under:

That FishHawk feller and I have been talking about a contest that the All Arkie Army should sponsor. Well, it's not a contest so much as it's a project -- a way to get some more traffic around here.

Here's what we've come up with -- let's do some blog reviews!

"Blog reviews of what?"

Well, blog reviews of blogs penned by folks that we like. Is there someone who'd make a great member of the All Arkie Army but for geographic location? Heck, let's do a review and ask them to be an honorary member. They'd get a bit of promotion, maybe get an "Honorary" badge to slap on their blogs that would lead traffic here. Ah, the possiblities are endless.

Bear in mind this is an idea we're playing with. So far, it seems logical to get some nominations for blog reviews then we'd vote. The member putting the nomination forward would get to write the review and then post it here.

We need some input, of course. Y'all let me know what you think by commenting here...

7 comments for this post

That's a nice touch to ask others to submit blogs for review. Now, if you can only get a bunch of Arkies to do something when you want them to do it, this could be the start of something special.

Posted on August 17, 2008 at 4:02 AM  
Anonymous

Fishhawk, you're a hoot!

Hawg, I was thinking that we might (all find the right keys on our keyboards first, then) post on our own blogs that we're looking to review blogs and ask our readers to submit suggestions for blogs to review. All the posts from us linking to here will help traffic. What do you think?

Posted on August 17, 2008 at 7:09 AM  

FishHawk:

As you know, all of us Arkies do things when we get around to it. This little project, though, is one that our folks should enjoy so hopefully they'll come a'running.

Posted on August 17, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

theresa:

Good idea! We could lead them to this post here and ask them to put there suggestions right here.

As we used to say in little league, "good eye!"

Posted on August 17, 2008 at 9:26 AM  

Damn good idea!

Posted on August 17, 2008 at 1:26 PM  

Now, Fishhawk tells me I'm worthy of an honorary membership. I begged to differ since I'm a coonass as opposed to a redneck, but he assures me I am welcome so here I am. How do I join the Army?

Posted on August 18, 2008 at 11:40 PM  
Anonymous

lol..Sara's lived in two southern states so I'd say she's more than qualified.

coonass, that's funny. I've never heard that before.

Posted on August 19, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment