More harebrained ideas

By HawgWyld on 9:39 PM

Filed Under:


So I was thinking about the earlier suggestion that we make "honorary Arkies" out of folks by reviewing their blogs, asking them to join and, thus, creating more traffic around these parts.

Now, my brother and I have always wanted to be Kentucky Colonels. Yes, we could wear our white, linen suits, sip mint juleps and all of that. Anyway, to become a Kentucky Colonel, you don't even have to live in Kentucky -- you just have to contribute something that benefits the culture of Kentucky (i.e., Colonel Tom Parker was born in Europe and, yet, he was honored by the state of Kentucky).

So, that led me to think about making Captains in the All Arkie Army and the folks nominated for a dandy blog review over here would be given the handsome badge that I went and put together.

What do y'all think?

9 comments for this post

Too cool for school, Major Menace, sir!!!

Posted on August 18, 2008 at 12:05 AM  

I prefer Mayor Payne ;)

Posted on August 18, 2008 at 1:30 AM  

Better than Colonel Klink!!!

Posted on August 18, 2008 at 2:11 AM  

Hey, I like The Colonel. That monocle was a fashion statement...

Posted on August 18, 2008 at 2:44 AM  

Aren't we getting fancy?! I was a staff sergeant in the U.S. Army...it's about time for a promotion. The Hawg...yet another great idea.

Posted on August 18, 2008 at 4:38 AM  

the mad celt:

Well, FishHawk had the initial idea. I just went nuts with it. Yes, I'm very good at going overboard...

Posted on August 18, 2008 at 7:51 AM  

The Hawg...you and I both!

Posted on August 18, 2008 at 4:50 PM  
Anonymous

oh, late to the party as usual...

Sounds like a good idea (dare I suggest, you open it up to the "south"?)

Posted on August 19, 2008 at 9:59 PM  

Lala:

Well, time to pick that idea up again, not that I don't feel like crap and actually have time to think about such things.

Widen it to the South, huh? Hmmm....

Posted on October 17, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment