'Road Tasted with the Neelys' and Christmas lights

By HawgWyld on 9:04 AM

Filed Under:

Make sure to tune in to the Food Network tonight to see an Arkansas company highlighted.

Yes, this week's Road Tasted with the Neelys special is all about Thanksgiving and we all know how great a good ham can be on that holiday, right? The Neelys -- a good, Southern couple -- certainly know the value of ham and they've named the pepper ham made by Petit Jean Meats in Morrilton as one of the finest anywhere.

It appears the Neelys have learned what we Arkies have known for years -- Petit Jean Meats makes some good stuff.

One of my favorite things about this story is that I got to tell this bit of news to my wife. She's a Food Network fan and she wasn't aware that the Neelys would be featuring an Arkansas business on their show. Yay for me!

The show will be on at 9 p.m. CST tonight (Friday, Nov. 21), midnight on Saturday and at 2 p.m. on Sunday.

A Petit Jean ham would probably go well at Christmas, too. Speaking of Christmas, here's a lights display my wife sent me. Enjoy!



5 comments for this post

Anonymous

That light show was awesome, thank you for posting it for our pleasure.

Posted on November 21, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

I'll try to remember to watch the show on The Food Network tonight. The light show was awesome! :)

Posted on November 21, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

Did the Osbourne family move?

By the way, that is the first time I have ever heard 'Amazing Grace' played that way.

Posted on November 21, 2008 at 10:27 AM  

You suck, Ted. Quit spamming this blog with that crap.

Visit the Natural State Hawg!

Posted on November 22, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

anonymous -- Glad you enjoyed it! Cool stuff, huh?

Paul -- Good question.

I've never heard "Amazing Grace" played that way, either. I kind of like it!

Laura -- I enjoyed that light show quite a bit. The Food Network special was enjoyable, particularly since it highlighted an Arkansas business.

Posted on November 22, 2008 at 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment