Wordless Wednesday -- The Flaming Lips

By HawgWyld on 1:01 AM

Filed Under:

Ah, the Flaming Lips. Remember when that was an actual rock band? Some of us do.


Go ahead and visit the other Wordless Wednesday participants (or submit something of your own) by clicking right here.

4 comments for this post

Well, gee, I STILL love The Flaming Lips. I've loved them from the beginning till now. Ya just gotta grow with the bands you love!

Posted on December 3, 2008 at 8:34 AM  

I just wasn't in love with their past couple of albums (and never cared that much for anything but a few songs off "The Soft Bulletin," either). I started listening to them back in 1987 (the year the "Oh My Gawd..." album came out) and loved the whole "sloppy punk with some classic rock and insanity thrown in" style the band developed.

This noodling around in the studio stuff they've been up to lately just bores me to tears. That approach seems to have worked for them, though.

Posted on December 3, 2008 at 9:00 AM  

Well, I understand. That's kinda the way I feel about Radiohead. Loved them until after The Bends. When they started experimenting, I lost interest. I'll probably get tarred and feathered for saying anything against Radiohead. Didn't mean to come down too hard! I just about idolize The Flaming Lips. :)

Posted on December 3, 2008 at 11:03 AM  
Anonymous

Hah! Very cool. What a wonderful throwback.

Happy WW. I'm wordless here.

Posted on December 3, 2008 at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment