The Hawg blows his own horn

By HawgWyld on 9:46 PM

Filed Under:

My old friend and boss, Michael Tilley, sent this over to me today.

Yes, Tilley's new publication, The City Wire, has decided to pick up a column I write for my current employer that is picked up by about 20 publications in Arkansas. The City Wire is a bit of a first for us because it's entirely Internet-based while the rest of the publications that pick up my column are still primarily print-based.

What is unique, of course, is that I sent that column out today and Tilley put it up immediately, thus beating everyone else to the punch. I've known Tilley since my days as a business reporter at The Morning News of Northwest Arkansas in Springdale. He was the business editor of both The Morning News and the Southwest Times-Record in Fort Smith.

He's a good guy and I'm glad he's picking up my column. I hope he does very well with his new endeavor and, given his drive, intelligence and determination, I'm sure he will.

So, y'all go ahead and take a look at my column if you want to see The Hawg wearing a suit and grinning like an idiot. Heh, heh.

4 comments for this post

Anonymous

Nice article. And you clean up well too! :) We bought our house, the summer of 2003, with no money down and the interest rate was really low at the time too.

Posted on January 6, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

Way to go IDAHO!! Sorry...I don't know what to rhyme with Arkansas. I'll work on that.

Good job!!

Posted on January 7, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

Ethan,

You are lookin' good!

Hair combed and everything. Nice smile.

How many takes and touch ups before they decided your picture was fit to print?

Posted on January 7, 2009 at 5:45 PM  
Anonymous

Very nice! Congrats.

Posted on January 26, 2009 at 1:43 AM  

Post a Comment