Anne Pressly dies from attack

By HawgWyld on 9:11 PM

Filed Under:

Folks, I've got some sad news to report tonight -- according to this story from CNN, 26-year-old Anne Pressly died on Saturday.

Pressly was an anchor for KATV, an ABC affiliate in Little Rock. She was attacked on Monday during an apparent burglary in her home, which is in the upscale Heights area in Little Rock. She sustained the injuries that led to her death during that attack.

This news is depressing, to say the least. I'm a PR guy and, as such, had met Pressly.

She was a genuinely nice person and an absolute professional. Her death is more evidence that Little Rock is going to the dogs. If you're not safe in the Heights in Little Rock, where are you safe? This whole affair is absolutely pitiful and depressing -- it underlines what a cesspool our capitol city has become.

I'm glad I live in Benton and wish that Pressly had chosen to live in nearby Benton, Bryant, Conway, Lonoke -- anywhere but Little Rock -- and had commuted to work every morning. They've got a crime problem in Little Rock that's growing more destructive by the day. They need to get it under control before everyone with a lick of sense moves out of there.

4 comments for this post

The good news in this sad story is the murderer used her debit card at a local convenient store, after beating Ann Pressly.

So they have video, and hopefully, enough evidence to find this dumbass.

Posted on October 26, 2008 at 9:11 PM  

I hope they find him and hang him from the tallest tree in the state.

I'm starting to really hate Little Rock, and stories like this one don't improve my view of the city one bit.

Posted on October 26, 2008 at 9:17 PM  
Anonymous

This is terrible news for Arkansas. She was beloved by everyone who saw that beautiful smile. My condolences to go her family during this terrible time. I can only imagine their pain.

I am with you, Hawg I do hope that the attacker(s) are caught and justice is done.

Posted on October 27, 2008 at 8:12 AM  

Crazy Working Mom:

Yes, this is horrible news for our small, wonderful state and really highlights the problems that are plaguing Little Rock. Just off the top of my head, I can think of a dead body found in a ditch outside of my office, the state Democratic chairman getting shot in his office, a couple of armed Waffle House robberies and now this.

Little Rock's a mess and it's pitiful.

Posted on October 28, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment