The Hawg is furious

By HawgWyld on 9:25 PM

Filed Under:

Folks, I'm good and mad tonight.

Why? Because there's a pine tree lodged in my parents' house, that's why.

"What? A pine tree? What the hell?"

Yes, it seems a bunch here in Saline County, Ark., known as A to Z Tree Service went and dumped a damned tree on my parents' house today. My childhood home, then, may have to be torn down because of the extensive damage to it.

My parents are stunned, I'm mad and I'm looking down the barrel of 31 years of memories being tossed out the window. They bought that home here in Benton back in 1977, got it paid off about 10 years ago (give or take) and are now looking at the prospect of having to rebuild.

Well, there's a chance the home can be saved, but damn! The back half of the place is an absolute disaster. Thank God the saw-wielding maniacs that managed to hit my parents home with a tree are insured.

This A to Z bunch cut down down some pine trees at Casa de Hawg earlier this week. Oh, I was upset that they took a black walnut tree, a tree that my kids liked to climb and most of our bushes out in the process, but I suppose I was lucky. After all, my home wasn't crushed by a tree.

After mangling my yard, A to Z headed on over to mom and dad's place. My parents, see, were a bit wary of the huge pine trees in their yard because a storm dumped a branch on the house earlier this year and they had to have the roof replaced.

So, they figured a reliable tree service was what they needed. Now, A to Z claims they are skilled at removing dangerous and difficult trees. I suppose that claim is correct, so long as you don't mind a damn tree falling through your roof.

My parents are staying in a hotel tonight and I suppose they'll get down to the business of figuring out the extent of the damage in the morning. They'll probably be in that hotel for quite awhile, in fact. I'll post some pictures when I calm down and think to head over there with a camera.

A to Z, for some reason, still has a truck parked in my yard for some reason. I've resisted the urge to slash the tires.

Bastards.

5 comments for this post

ooh, make them PAY!!! that's ridiculous!

Posted on November 12, 2008 at 11:05 PM  

I'm with Lynne. It sounds like a good time to get in contact with one of those dirty weasel lawyers that you are so fond of besmirching if A to Z doesn't break a few vertebraes bending over backwards being apologetic. For there is much more than just the material cost of the house at stake here.

Posted on November 13, 2008 at 1:26 AM  

Lynne -- They're insured. I'm prepared to do some yelling if they don't make this right.

FishHawk -- Well, my parents want their house fixed or replaced. They're not to interested in suing then handing 40 percent of what they win over to a lawyer. They'll do fine negotiating with the the insurance company.

After my experience being a sleazy lawyer, we tend to view litigation as the last resort rather than the first.

Posted on November 13, 2008 at 7:15 AM  

Hawg,

Having met your father, I sure hate it for him and your mother that this happened to them.

I know from experience, sleeping in a hotel sucks. There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

Please keep us updated on the situation, and here's hoping somehow this doesn't ruin their holiday season.

Posted on November 13, 2008 at 10:35 PM  

Paul:

Thanks for the kind words. Mom and Dad, fortunately, are fine and they're going to stay at a house owned by a friend until they get their's repaired or rebuilt.

They're spending Christmas in North Carolina with my brother and his family, so they'll be fine there. I'll see if they want to head up to northwest Arkansas with Marci and me for Thanksgiving.

Posted on November 13, 2008 at 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment