Photos of my parents' house

By HawgWyld on 10:54 AM

Filed Under:

A couple of days ago, I mentioned that a tree service company dumped a pine tree on my parents' house.

Here are a few pictures showing the damage done. I won't add commentary as the photos speak for themselves.






17 comments for this post

OMG! Sorry to hear about that. Hope the company is going to pay for the damages.

Posted on November 14, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

Yep. They're insured. The adjusters should be coming out today.

The bitch of it all is they bought that house in 1977, got it paid off about 15 years early and now this happens.

And the tree cutting company is making noises like it is going to insist on its $7,000 bill for that awful job.

I wouldn't send them a dime.

The Natural State Hawg!

Posted on November 14, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

The tree cutting company would like to be paid? Tell them to talk to your parents after the lawsuit settlements.

Posted on November 14, 2008 at 1:37 PM  

Oh, Crotchety old bean! We're trying to avoid lawyers. Hopefully, the insurance company will pay up soon so mom and dad won't put themselves in the position of having to pay 40 percent of what they receive to some scuzzy lawyer.

Posted on November 14, 2008 at 1:43 PM  
Anonymous

Oh my goodness! I would hope that the insurance would step in and deal with the tree company as well as pay for the repairs. What a nightmare!

Posted on November 14, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

So I guess you don't have a license to practice law anymore, huh? Sure wish you did so you could sitck it to them for your parents free of charge. Sorry this happened!

Posted on November 14, 2008 at 4:03 PM  

I hope the company pays for the damages... or the insurance company sues 'em. That's frightening.

Posted on November 14, 2008 at 4:04 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Posted on November 14, 2008 at 5:20 PM  

The damage sure looks bad. Is the foundation and basic structure of your parent's home still in good shape? Or is it much, much more than cosmetic damage?

My parents were in the construction and remodeling business for over twenty-five years. I've seen a lot of bad stuff.

During that time, they dealt with unethical people, including insurance companies, home owners and of course, lawyers.

Thanks for the pictures. They provide a good visual of the damage.

Thank goodness your parents were not hurt. If anything had happened to your dad, I don't think Benton football would ever be the same without him there.

P.S. As for the tree company sending you a bill for $7,000 for the work they did, remind me to tell you about the time a plumber set our house on fire.

Posted on November 14, 2008 at 5:22 PM  

Oh I am so sorry that happened to your parents' home, that really, totally stinks! I hope the home can be saved!

Posted on November 14, 2008 at 10:31 PM  
Anonymous

I'm glad no one was hurt, Ethan. That has to be heartbreaking though to see your home so mangled. My best wishes to your folks!

Posted on November 14, 2008 at 10:47 PM  

Lynne -- Well, the insurance company finally showed up and an adjuster will be there on Sunday. Fortunately, my parents do seem to be in a much better mood. Glad I'm in town to help them move, deal with insurance companies, etc.

Kelly -- Let that lapse years ago. I don't have my student ID for Hendrix College anymore, either. When something becomes completely useless to me, I tend to get rid of it.

Pamibe -- It seems to be working out fine. That's good.

Paul -- The extend of the damage hasn't been determined. I figure it's pretty bad, though, seeing that we've got rafters knocked out of the roof and all. We'll just have to see.

A plumber caught your house on fire? What the hell?

Carole -- I hope it can be saved, too. I grew up there!

Theresa -- Thanks for that! It is heartbreaking to see the house all but destroyed. That's a kick in the gut.

Posted on November 14, 2008 at 11:35 PM  
Anonymous

WOW. They Owe you a lot of money!!!! Straight to the bank.

Posted on November 14, 2008 at 11:51 PM  
Anonymous

I hope that it does not take till Easter to get the house repaired. Good Luck!

Posted on November 15, 2008 at 8:56 AM  

A tree did that? How big was the tree? It seriously looks like something bigger was dropped on that house. Glad the house will be repaired. That company needs to have their license taking away for life. The fact that they did that makes no sense to me.

Posted on November 15, 2008 at 9:35 PM  
Anonymous

Wow, amazing that something like this could happen. I hope your parent's insurance isn't dishing out for this. The company should have liability insurance for this sort of mishap...and about the bill, well they will probably be liable for at least part of it in the end. But, I wouldn't pay them anything 'till my house was fixed!

Posted on November 16, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

CashRulesUs -- Well, the adjuster came out today and said about $100,000 ought to cover the damage. Glad the tree cutting company was insured.

Linda -- Let's hope not!

ImitationAngel -- It was a huge tree. An entire pine tree. It's a mess. I think all a company has to do to cut down trees is have an ax and some clients willing to pay. I'm sure A to Z's insurance will go up quite a bit, however.

Crazy Working Mom -- It is incredible. Thank God mom and dad were over at my house when that happened. The tree cutters do have insurance, so we're set there.

Posted on November 16, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment