FIVE FOR FRIDAY

By Unknown on 11:35 PM

Filed Under:






Link: [Did I Miss Something?]


Link: [Daily Kos]


NOTE: FIVE FOR FRIDAY is a weekly feature on this blog that is meant for the SOLE purpose of calling attention to sites that I think that many would find interesting. There are 5 more sites to see at [AsTheCrackerheadCrumbles] and [FishHawk Droppings].

2 comments for this post

Anonymous

Willy...do you know realize, what are they called, the Bubba boys are making fun of the far right? Do you not get that? It's called satire.

These guys live in California! They are making fun of the south. Granted, it's subtle, but it's there.

Posted on November 1, 2008 at 7:49 PM  
Anonymous

BTW, Willie, I'm a little upset, yes peeved, at you calling me a FAKE AMERICAN.

I've rooted the ST. LOUIS BLUES hockey team (I first learned to love Hockey as a poor Arkansas girl who watched the 1980 Olympics when we took on the big bad Soviet Union and we WON!...so excuse me if Hockey was a sport for me) the DALLAS COWBOYS, the ARKANSAS RAZORBACK football and basketball teams, and I hate to admit it, my dad being from Oklahoma and all, yes the OU and OSU teams.

However, the college teams my dad loved the most (well, besides OU) were Rice and Baylor.

Don't dare call me a fake American. I grew up in the middle of this country!

I'm not sure Ethan understood what he was getting into when he invited me, a former Arkansas resident who grew up there, to contribute. He wants a different viewpoint and a different viewpoint he will get.

but don't call me a FAKE AMERICAN.

I grew up with the same thing you and Ethan grew up with, I just have a different view.

That doesn't make me LESS American than you (or Ethan or Paul) it just makes me different.

Posted on November 1, 2008 at 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment