The City Wire!

By HawgWyld on 11:09 AM

Filed Under:

My old boss, Michael Tilley, sent me an e-mail a little bit ago stating a new Internet-based publication, called The City Wire, has been launched.

Tilley was the business editor when I worked for The Morning News, a publication based in Springdale that covered news in Northwest Arkansas. He was also the business editor of the publication's sister paper, The Times-Record in Fort Smith. Both papers are owned by Stephens Media, which controls quite a few papers here in Arkansas.

Stephens Media has been laying off a lot of people this year. It seems that the current economic climate is as rough on the newspaper business as it is on other industries.

Tilley is the editor of the aforementioned City Wire and the publication is focused on news from the Fort Smith and River Valley areas of the state. I'm going to keep an eye on that publication and I hope some of you will, too.

2 comments for this post

Living in NW Arkansas I came across your blogs (both of them) and have fallen in love :) Well in love may be a strong way to describe it... ummm I'm not a stalker! LOL And am happily married... and ummm ah heck I am in love with your blogs!! Deal with it!!

Posted on November 5, 2008 at 2:21 PM  

Well, why not join the All Arkie Army? Post some links to your stuff and get some more traffic. What a deal!

Posted on November 5, 2008 at 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment