So long, daylight savings time. And good riddance

By HawgWyld on 2:46 PM

Filed Under:

I absolutely hate daylight savings time.

Fortunately, we went back to standard time just this morning. That's a good thing as I've always had trouble adjusting to that daylight savings time junk.

It just feels "off" for it to be light outside until about 8:30 p.m. in the summer and I hate waking up and getting ready to go to work when it's still dark.

And, yes, I'm well aware that daylight savings time is supposed to cut down on energy use and give people more sun for leisure activities. Frankly, I don't give a damn about any of that. All I know is that I feel like I'm in the twilight zone for about a month after we switch to daylight savings time and don't care for that feeling one bit.

And, of course, we've got George W. Bush to blame for the moronic idea of extending daylight savings time by four weeks every year. Thanks Bush.

Now, I don't blame Bush for the struggling housing market (the foolish lending practices the government, uh, "encouraged" banks to put in place started with Jimmy Carter way on back in 1977) or the awful economy we're stuck with now.

I'll even go so far to say that Bush, as rotten as he is, was still a better choice than Al Gore (he's bordering on insane if not already a permanent resident of CrazyTown) or John Kerry (who views the nation as being made up of the Northeast, the West Coast and a bunch of knuckle-dragging morons in between).

Still, Bush has managed to irritate most people here in the U.S. in the past eight years. Extending daylight savings time was enough to annoy me.

That and the bankruptcy reform nonsense that was bought and paid for by the credit card companies. Bush signed that awful bit of legislation without blinking.

At any rate, I need to find out if there's a movement to put an end to daylight savings time. If such a thing exists, I'll gladly join it.

A Reminder


Yes, we at the All Arkie Army are taking nominations in hopes of honoring some great bloggers out there by naming them captains of the All Arkie Army. Read all about it by clicking right here.

Remember -- you don't have to be an Arkansan to be named an honorary captain of this fine blog. We just choose to honor some bloggers out there we like.

So I call on my fellow All Arkie Army members to send in some nominations by clicking the above link and mentioning some quality bloggers in the comment section.

Want more nonsense? Visit The Natural State Hawg!

4 comments for this post

Anonymous

It'll take us a month to get used to this time again won't it?!

Posted on November 2, 2008 at 3:19 PM  

Well, adjusting to standard time is never a problem for me. Odd, huh?

Posted on November 2, 2008 at 3:23 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Posted on November 3, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

Oh, I have to disagree here! I like it to be dark in the morning and light in the evening. I'd be perfectly happy if the sun rose at 8 a.m. and set at 9 p.m.!

Posted on November 3, 2008 at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment